Argan Oil Benefits Your Skin
Argan oil is a beauty secret that has been around for hundreds of years. It comes from the nuts that are produced by the Argan trees of Morocco.
The argan tree is an ancient tree that is only endemic to Morocco, meaning that it is only confined to regions in Morocco and is not usually found anywhere else in the world. Argan oil is obtained by pressing the tiny seeds of the argan fruit (a nut). This is either done manually by hand by the locals or by large machinery if it is for industrial use. After extraction, the oil is either roasted or sent directly for processing.
Argan oil contains an unusually high concentration of Vitamin E and carotenes (a form of Vitamin A), both are vital components that make up a healthy skin.
Most cosmetic companies prefer to add argan oil into their products because of its rapid absorption rate into the skin and its vitamin-rich content which can produce instantly noticeable effects when topically applied onto the skin.
Other facts about Argan Oil:
- Argan is mostly found in high-end cosmetic products like moisturizers, shampoos and sunscreens.
- There are many uses of argan oil in the cosmetic industry such as anti-wrinkle products, anti-aging products, and make up products.
- Argan oil is a wonderful moisturizer as it is rich in fatty acids and helps tp regulate and keep the pH balance of the skin normal.
- Argan oil is said to help in reducing wrinkles and while softening the skin. It has also shown to increase the elasticity and tightening of the skin.
- Argan oil has a sebum regulating action on oily skin that helps to reduce oiliness.
- Argan oil benefits for the skin also include reduction of skin irritation and inflammation. If you are suffering from scars, application of argan oil has been known to help in their reduction.
- Pregnant women can apply argan oil to prevent the onset of stretch marks. Argan oil is also known to hydrate the skin, neutralize free radicals, treat acne, eczema and psoriasis.
- Try argan oil for brittle nails it may help to make them stronger.
- Mineral make up tends to dry skin. This can be avoided by the application of argan oil before applying the mineral make-up.
Argan for Hair
- Moisturizes the hair by locking in moisture and is non-greasy.
- Penetrates the hair shaft improving the elasticity and preventing breakage.
- Contains vitamin E which is great for a healthy scalp and repairing damaged hair.
All in all, Argan oil is another weapon we can use in our quest for healthy beautiful skin and hair.